Friday, May 4, 2012

REVIEW: Moonspell by Samantha Young

Title: Moon Spell (The Tale of Lunarmorte #1)
Author: Samantha Young
Date Published: 10/10/11


Synopsis:
Enter a world of fierce wolves, stunning magic and romance...

It’s bad enough feeling different among the human crowd, but feeling different among wolves? 

No one said returning to her pack would be easy, especially after ten years without them, but seventeen year old Caia Ribeiro is unprepared for the realities of the transition. Raised in a world where kids aren’t scared by bedtime tales of the bogeyman but by the real life threat of enemy supernaturals who might come creeping into their community to kill them in their sleep, Caia is used to the darkness; she’s used to the mystery and the intrigue of the ancient underworld war she’s bound to by chance of birth. What she’s having trouble with are pack members treating her with wary suspicion, the Elders tucking secrets behind their backs out of her sightline, and her young Alpha, Lucien, distracting her, with a dangerous attraction, from her decision to uncover the truth.

But as the saying goes ‘the truth will out’ and when it does, Caia will only have so long to prepare herself before the war comes pounding on their door threatening to destroy the safe, secret lives of the wolves… and the girl they protect.



My Rating:

My Review:
So, I personally love books like this that start off having you so incredibly confused, but end up with you so enamored that you can't put them down.


I am a HUGE Fan of Caia, the poor girl has so much going through her head. She is with a pack and has no idea how to be a part of a pack, so has an undeniable attraction for the Alpha who she doesn't really want anything to do with, and people keep on saying weird things about her being different.


I loved the flaws between Caia and Lucien. Both of them make so many mistakes whether it be saying the wrong thing, doing the wrong thing, or just being plain idiots, lol. 


The supporting cast is great, and you really get involved in everyone else's relationships too. 


As the plot unfolds, you enter a world which is segregated between the Daylights and the Midnights. I really enjoyed the action, drama, and of course romance in this one. Can't wait to read more! 

5 comments:

Angie said...

I grabbed this one yesterday, so I'm happy to hear it's good! :D

Angie @ Pinkindle Reads & Reviews

Theshortone08 said...

I glad you like it Cami!
here is my review on it as well as my interview with Samantha.
http://theshortone08.blogspot.com/2012/04/moon-spell-review-giveaway.html

Angie I really think you're going to love it!
-martha :D

Unknown said...

Hi I followed you here from Goodreads YA blogs. Happy to follow. Please visit me at:
http://todayinshenaya.blogspot.com
Gwynneth

Momma G said...

Angie, it is really good, you will definitely need to grab the next 2!

Martha, great review. I have become a huge Samantha Young fan in the last week or so.

Eesti said...

I'm only half way through this book, but feel compelled to write a review. Its brilliant - so diffrent, but utterly addictive - I cant put it down.

Post a Comment