Tuesday, May 15, 2012

(ARC) REVIEW: Temptation by Karen Hopkins


Title: Temptation
Author: Karen Ann Hopkins
Date Published: June 26, 2012
Source: Publisher


Synopsis:


Your heart misleads you.  That's what my friends and family say.  But I love Noah. And he loves me.  We met and fell in love in the sleepy farming community of Meadowview, while we rode our horses together through the grassy fields and in those moments in each other's arms. It should be  ROSE & NOAH forever, easy. But it won't be. Because he's Amish. And I'm not.




My Rating:


My Review:
I loved the descriptive way this story started out. I really felt like I was with them when they arrived at their new home with the flooded driveway and dark basement with animal bones. Hopkins does an amazing job of making you feel like you are with the characters!

Rose and Noah's attraction is evident from the start and the lengths they have to go through just to spend time together is insane, but very believable with the major differences in their beliefs. 

I don't know much about the Amish culture, and this was a good look inside their world. Trying to imagine living the way they do is impossible. 

I enjoyed how Rose's big brother played Hot and Cold with his temperament and their relationship. I mean, that is how most sibling relationships are so I thought that was done perfectly.

I'm really interested in seeing what happens now that Rose has made her choice. I think that the next book will be very informative and even more dramatic if that is possible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment